Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 17 - Cars and Cousins

Ok, so we are back to things that I’m not sure what they are – week 17 = figs; not something that I would ever pick out of a line up of fruits and veggies. This week my baby is working on making hard bones instead of cartilage and she’s developing sweat glands too…all of which is fun but I’m more excited about feeling her move around a little in there. I was able to feel a little thump thump in there and a little swishing feeling – kind of like a rocking boat. Hopefully soon I will feel it more often and stronger.

I still haven’t gained much weight and I guess I will find out on the 10th if its ok not to have gained much weight. I was already under the “do not gain under this line” line and hadn’t gained any weight since my last appointment last week. I had about 3 days last week of which I couldn’t keep much down again but that has seemed to have passed again for now as has the headaches.

This past week has been an exciting one…

On Wednesday, May 26th Baby Rich became a cousin to my sister’s twin boys. Robert (baby A) was 7.2 pounds 20.5 inches; Randall “Randy” (baby B) was 6.8 pounds 17.5 inches both are doing great and were able to go home on Friday.

On Saturday morning I felt Baby Rich move around for the first time. At first I felt the swishing around then about 15 or so baby thumps – I was really excited. Mark got a kick out of it too even though he wouldn’t have been able to feel it.

Saturday afternoon a truck backed into my car at an intersection and was nice enough to leave a nice big hole in my front bumper from the trailer hitch. I swear my car is bad luck – hence the plan to get a new, bigger, car later this year…My car was not built for baby seats and other kids – there is just not that much room in the back seat. It is a safe car though and that is my primary concern when I get another one.

The one unpleasant surprise this past week, had to change my ultrasound appointment since the tech was not going to be there on the day I was scheduled to have it so I had to move it back a week. I tried to have it a week early but the midwife preferred waiting – which I guess is ok, they are more worried about potential problems than knowing if it’s a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment