Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 19 - Pants and Classes

Wow – week 19 already! This week Baby Rich is about the size of the large tomato I ate Friday in the Wal-Mart parking lot – although it did nothing for the starving feeling I had – it did at least get at least one serving of veggies in my diet for that day. This week is the week I should be really feeling the baby move around but I am lucky enough to have already felt the baby move for about two weeks now.

This past week has been a very informative week. I had my first pregnancy class at the birth center, which its overall lesson was on health and nutrition. The main things I need to focus on is eating healthy, have a positive attitude, exercise, and relax…I figured I was working on these already, however I am not as on target as I thought I was. I know I was not the best eater in the world, but when I was looking at the serving sizes of the different food groups I was shocked to find out how much of a not healthy eater I was. I am a rules follower and since I had a guideline to go by for my eating habits I figured I would use it and get all my servings in each day…better said than done…I began panicking cause I could not eat enough to get everything in and had to hide the sheet before I stressed myself out too much since after all, I’m suppose to be reducing stress too…

Along with a guideline for nutrition I received a guideline of lifestyle choices, which pregnant or not is very insightful. I think if I can even do half of what is on the list I will be less stressed than I normally am.
1. Start each day with a positive thought
2. Do something you enjoy each day
3. Learn to focus and center
4. Set realistic goals
5. Work on good relationships
6. Establish routines
7. Simplify your life
8. Get enough sleep
9. Pray
10. Look for humor in situations
11. Have contact with nature
12. Listen to relaxing music
13. Watch less TV
14. Box your worries
15. Take one-minute vacations
16. Do “mini-checkups”
17. Choose to be happy

So eating and thinking right isn’t all I have to do – I’m suppose to actually exercise – yuck – but if it helps my baby I guess I’ll exercise more regularly. A big part of this is maintaining good posture – something I’ve never been able to do – so a recommendation was to get in to see a chiropractor of which I already have a call in to do.

After the class we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat which was in the 150s again – That’s my girl! Two weeks until we find out for sure – I cant wait! Until then I’m going to enjoy getting bigger in my new pants that my honey bought me for my anniversary. I love practical gifts! Especially when I cant wear all the other pants cause they hurt me – these ones are the good kind that go over your entire belly! These should really drive in the fact that I’m pregnant just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment