Friday, April 20, 2012

While I was away...

Life has been a little busy so here are a few “catch up” items…

• My little girl is growing up way to fast. She is already 17 months and learning new words every day. Her latest words are in the bathroom category – “Poo Poo” “Pee Pee” “Potty” and she knows what they mean. For the last week or so we have been trying to get her to actually use the potty but being the doubting mommy I somehow always manage to miss the opportunity. Today she was dropped off at my office and after she had a snack she walked to the hall and told me “potty” so I took her to the bathroom, stripped her down and sat her on the toilet. Since her diaper was wet when I took it off I figured she went potty and told me after the fact but I put her on the potty just to make her happy. After about 30 seconds she wanted down so I took her off the toilet and told her to stay so I could get a new diaper and in the 20 seconds I was gone she managed to “pee pee” on the bathroom floor. Mixed feelings about this – bummed cause I missed the chance of her going in the toilet ( a feat we have yet to accomplish), disgusted cause I had to clean up baby piss off the floor, and happy cause she actually had it right – she did have to go potty. One day we will get it right.

• Work has been a little crazy. This was the first year I did tax returns, which made me a little nervous but I managed none the less. I actually got the hang of them and by the end I was pretty confident that I wasn’t doing anything wrong. It helped to know that my boss was reviewing them after I did them to catch anything I messed up and am happy to report that I did pretty damn good! Although I did enjoy the extra responsibility I still did not enjoy the season much. I have a lot of guilt due to the fact that I could not work as much as I would have liked. With Mark’s schedule and lack of sitters I couldn’t really work much on the weekends while my boss was there every weekend starting in February. Perhaps next year Colleen will be able to come to work and play by herself and not get into everything so I can take a little more off my boss’s plate.

• I’ve decided to go back to school and get my MACC degree and take the CPA exam. Being 26 I have a lot of life ahead of me and there is so more opportunity if I have the 3 letters at the end of my name. Right now I’m at a standstill because in an office like ours there is nowhere I can go without going back to school. I am hoping to start in the fall (that is if I pass the stupid GMAT test and get accepted into graduate school. I’m planning to take the test in the first week or two of May so hopefully I can get the ball rolling on the studying thing.

• My church search is over and I have found a home at Savannah Christian. For the past few months I have been volunteering in the nursery which has been doing wonders for my baby fever – each week with the little ones crying and spitting up on me further puts that urge to have another baby far out of my mind.

Well, that pretty much sums up my life lately…

1 comment: