Thursday, July 12, 2012

Distractions


Distractions – I face them every day; they take away from what is important, take away my time and fill it with nonsense.  For some reason when I take away one distraction it is replaced with several more.  Am I that much of a procrastinator that I have to have these distractions in my life or am I that paranoid to do something perfect that I give into distractions to keep from failing? 

I can’t think of the last thing I have finished completely and it was stopped by checking Facebook, looking for better ways of doing whatever on Pinterest, catching up on the TV shows I hadn’t watched all week and so many other things.  I can only imagine what I could get done if I got rid of all these distractions – how much happier I would be knowing that I accomplished something and didn’t fail at getting it done.  I would feel so much better walking into a clean house, knowing what I was cooking for dinner (and having the stuff to make it), cooking something different and it actually taste good, having a pretty house cause I actually made that thing I pinned on Pinterest months ago and thought “I would LOVE to do this”. 

Lately I have been so out of control, so many things have distracted me from the things I want the most, distractions that I can’t say mattered at all.  I felt horrible on Monday night because I didn’t get to watch the Bachelorette and I felt worse for caring so much that I missed it.  Something so small as a TV show would get me so upset that I decided that this was the last season I would watch it so I wouldn’t have that feeling again.  I get so upset over things that don’t matter and am determined to fix it.  Why should I get upset over the distractions???  On top of the distractions upsetting me, I get even more upset for allowing myself to be distracted. 

I have to figure out a way to handle some of the stress in my life.  I have been having too many meltdowns and I hate it.  I feel more out of control when I waste time rather than getting things done.  I hate feeling like I failed when someone walks into my house and it is a mess, even more when I hadn’t been watching my bank account and there is that “uh oh” moment.  I haven’t been able to pinpoint what has been triggering my meltdowns but I think I will be able to limit them if I get some control back by ridding myself of the distractions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment