Thursday, May 15, 2014

Taking a stroll down memory lane...





January 6, 2011: Our first day back at work and Colleen pooped all over her outfit almost an hour after we got there. I forgot extra socks so I rubber banded the bottom of her pant legs to keep her feet warm. 

January 14, 2011: Discovered Mark is the only person Colleen don’t like in the family – did not cry with Pa-Paw or grandma, only her daddy.

January 24: Let daddy hold you without crying.

January 25: Laughed a little – not enough to qualify as a real giggle.

March 4: Colleen rolled over from her stomach to back for the first time.  She didn’t know why her mommy was so excited but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Last entry – March 24: Stayed home all day with daddy – ate peas…

I had a great idea when Colleen was little to keep up with what was going on in a day planner I made just for this purpose; however it only lasted 3 months and then there was nothing.  Many of her other milestones were recorded on FaceBook with the intent to record them at a later date, however, here it is May 15, 2014 and I have yet to record them.  My memories are for the most part gone, I have forgotten what she has achieved and when she achieved them. 

What brought on memory lane?  I read a blog post today about a woman who is keeping a one line journal of what is going on during her mommy life in a 5 year memory book. (You can read it here) I instantly regretted not keeping up with my “diary” of Colleen’s achievements.  Looking back at what I do have brought back so many memories, like the first time she stayed home with Mark (on March 4th).  When she was nursing she refused to take a bottle.  I had come home at lunch to feed her and she was supposed to have a bottle before I made it home at 5, however she refused.  I rushed home worrying that my poor baby girl would be starving and when I walked in the door Mark was sitting with her at the table feeding her peas.  He smiled up at me and simply said she was hungry and wouldn’t take the bottle so he fed her peas until I made it home.  I remember thinking I had nothing to worry about – her daddy wasn’t going to let anything happen to her. 

Now that Colleen is 3.5 years old, most of her baby milestones are over, however she still does things that I want to remember, like her singing the monkey/alligator song to me – its so adorable, I will have to get a video of her singing it.  I still want to record those memories so I ordered me one of the 5 year memory diaries.  In the mean time I’m going to go back in time and attempt to record some of those milestones I’d written down on Facebook…who knows what I will discover – I’m eager to find out. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of Colleen, how adorable! How cool is it having the exact date she first laughed? I think even starting a memory book now will be great because in 5 years it will be hard to remember what she's doing today!

    ReplyDelete