Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014

This past year has been FULL of accomplishments and fun adventures.  I haven’t been very good about maintaining my blog for the 15 people that read it – sorry about that.  Nevertheless, let’s rewind the year and go back into the past.  

January through April was like every other tax season; full of late nights and dinner on the go.  There were a few moments that stood out.  Like the night Fort Stewart was bombing at 11 pm and I could have sworn someone was trying to break into the office since the windows were shaking – hence a call into RHPD to come calm my nerves.  The other fun night was again around 11 pm and I just left the office on the way home and ran into a curb resulting in my FIRST flat tire.  Oh the memories…I hope I never do that again.

My husband and I reached our 5th year anniversary and to celebrate we went on a cruise to the Bahamas!  Since we never officially went on a honeymoon we left the kids at home and celebrated alone.  The whole trip was amazing and very peaceful.  I was forced to relax and not think about anything at home since I could not contact anyone anyway.  I did learn a few lessons – including I do not know enough to win trivia, no matter how many times I played. 

During the summer I took my very last college course EVER and even made an A!  During that class I had the opportunity to share what I have learned with my husband during the final week’s presentations and that was more nerve wrecking than any presentation I had to do in the past because I knew he would see me every day for the rest of my life.  Luckily he loves me enough to not say a bad thing about me. 

In August, Colleen started the pre-K program at her daycare after being advised she was very intelligent and would do much better moving up regardless of her age.  In the first 4 years of her life this was the first time we sent her to “school” every day of the week which gave both my husband and my Mom a break from watching her throughout the week. 

November, my little girl turned 4!!!  Although she had been telling us for the past year she was already 4 she really stepped into the role of being a big girl…she did it a little too well.  She now thinks since she is a big girl she can do “whatever I want to”; we’ve had many conversations about how NOBODY gets to do everything they want to do, regardless of their age. 
I started my own business selling Origami Owl Jewelry on the side after realizing that with graduation comes the beginning of student loan payments.  So I figured, why not.  I rocked my first month and now am ready to take on the New Year. 

December was the most hectic month of the year.  December is always busy anyway with Christmas and vacations but then we added in my graduation for my MBA.  An additional party on top of Christmas parties made for a very busy month.  THEN add a sick little girl who caught the flu and gave it to her mama – yep, Christmas was one not to forget. 

So now here we are, the last day of the year and as I look back I wonder, what did I do wrong or right?  What did I do well this year and what do I still need to improve on?  Did I keep up with my resolutions from 2013 or did I fail?  What do I want to do for this upcoming 2015 year?  To this I say – I have NO clue! 


I generally have a list a page long of what I want to change for the new year, putting way too much pressure on myself resulting in failure so this year I am taking a different approach.  My mission for 2015 is simply to BE A GOOD PERSON and everything else will fall into place.  I figure if I achieve bettering myself in a way that brings people up and not down then it does not matter what size clothes I wear, what I eat, how organized my house and office is…none of that will matter.  So here I am a quick tempered mommy that still has not made cookies for any neighbor and I hope by next December 31st I will have achieved the patience I long for and my neighbors actually know my name instead of “Mark’s Wife”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment