Monday, May 10, 2010

Second Trimester and Lemons

I’ve been waiting for 13 weeks to get to this point…my second trimester!!! I’m so excited to finally be at this point – hopefully no more getting rid of my meals before I can digest it, the ability to drink water (never tasted so good) and actually able to EAT!!! I’ve been starving to death these past few weeks, losing a total of 5.5 pounds. I’ve managed to gain back 1.5 pounds of that so far and I’m sure by the morning I will have gained more back due to the dinner I was just able to eat including steak, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn on the cob, blackberries and asparagus – and I cleaned my plate. Along with my appetite returning so has my libido…

Ok at week 14 my baby can now squint and pee, probably both at the same time. My baby is now the size of a lemon and is kicking and punching more and more each day although they are still not noticeable by me yet. Apparently my baby can now suck its thumb too.

I enjoyed my first Mother’s Day on Sunday. Spent the morning relaxing then headed to Wal-Mart and bought my mommy a “Grandkids” frame for when all the grandbabies are born and can get a picture taken together. I got four cards, including the GIANT card Mark got me – he said he wanted to get a card he knew I could see LOL – I definitely saw it. We hung out at mama’s house for the rest of the evening and watched Avatar – really good movie.

Mama picked me up an infant baby carrier/car seat thingy so now all I need to get is a Grayco stroller (so the seat can snap right onto it), a crib, a dresser, and I think that will take care of the big items. Good thing is that most of the other infant stuff I’ll get from Sister since by the time my baby is born the twins will be out of the infant stage. In the mean time I can see my grocery bill increasing due to the food I’m sure I’ll be hording down.

No comments:

Post a Comment