Thursday, May 10, 2012

You learn a lot at the beach...


I learned a lot of things today…

The beach is not so bad – besides the sand getting everywhere, there really isn’t a reason to avoid it.  Granted Colleen did love to go in the water, which was a little scary at times, she stayed in the sandy part and played in the waves. 

I have to use baby sun block when I go outside – after 3 hours and 3 applications of baby sun block SPF 50 I still managed to get a little pink in places. 

Having a baby/toddler/kid does not mean I can’t go and do things – for the longest time I have used Colleen as my excuse not to do things because I was either afraid or didn’t have the energy to keep up with her.  Today I put those excuses aside and went to the beach anyway.  Would it have been more relaxing not to have her there?  Yes, but the enjoyment she got out of playing in the waves was far more precious than relaxing for a few hours. 

Everybody needs a hookie day – this week my sitter was on vacation so I had nobody to babysit (besides the drop in daycare down the road) so rather than worry about what I was going to do with her I scheduled myself off work today.  I have 2 weeks of vacation to use up this year and I’m not planning on actually going anywhere on vacation so I figure why not use them a day here and a day there. 

The most important thing I learned today is that I need to relax more – not everything has to be taken care of RIGHT NOW – I can’t fix everything – I can’t do everything – I just need to go with the flow more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time :) And yes sometimes you just have to go withthe flow .... LOVE you both :)
    M

    ReplyDelete