Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 7 - How many to go???

Well, today marks the 7 week point in my baby’s unborn life…I read that my baby is about the size of a blueberry now - its still so hard for me to grasp the fact that I am knocked up and its steadily growing. The only reminder I have is the constant nausea and now the puking that started this morning. In one of my “I don’t feel good” pouts to Mark he just laughed and said I was NOT allowed to say it was his fault cause every month I would whine at him during my “girl week” and blame him that I was going through it since he failed to knock me up that month. I’m trying my best to “suck it up” and deal with the crappiness I’m feeling because I know my baby will be worth it.

When I get home I find at least one thing that I want to change or get before the baby gets here. I figured I have at least one more year before I’m gonna get new carpets cause I refuse to allow my baby to craw around on the ones I have. I had Mark put a lock on the gun closet this weekend - partly because puppy can now open doors and he thought it was funny to get in that closet and hide - NOT a good idea. Then I started thinking about where I was going to put all the baby’s things since I figured I’d have her in my room for at least the first 6 months or so - that one I haven’t figured out yet. The one big thing that keeps plaguing my mind is child care - I really don’t want to put my baby in day care, I hate the thought of some stranger raising my kid for me and I miss out on first words and steps. Hopefully daddy’s job works out really well and mama will be able to baby sit. I have to constantly remind myself not to stress out too much on things like that cause I have at least 10 months to figure it all out.

I’ve been dreaming about my baby (although in my dreams there are SEVERAL babies) almost every night…The last dream I had triplets and as they were delivered they were announced as all girls but when I held them I noticed the first two were definitely NOT girls and before I could look at the third I woke up. I don’t know if that is suppose to be some sort of sign to not get my hopes up on a girl or if me not seeing the third one means that my gut feeling that I am having a girl is true…I don’t know, I need to quit analyzing every little thing or I will drive myself nuts.

I will try to relax and let this change happen and whatever sickness happens to me is fine - just stay away from my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment