Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 11 - Figs and Doctors

Week 11 has come and my kumquat is gone, only to be replaced with the most adorable fig ever! My baby has its arms and legs and will soon be making fists to punch me with. This week has helped ease the “all day” nauseous but has replaced it with a whole lot of puking. Just yesterday alone I couldn’t keep down my breakfast or dinner – dinner ended up in the flower bed which my honey was nice enough to wash away for me.

This morning was my first doctor’s appointment at the Midwife Center, which was fun. Mark finally got to see the place and he was very impressed, he said the place was very “homey” which I agree. I am very happy with my decision to choose to have my baby here, even though my initial decision was based on the no insurance and it was more affordable to have the baby, but now I would have had the baby here even if I had the best insurance offered.

Today was more of a group meeting where me and about 7 other moms-to-be were introduced to the functions of the center and were rotated into different sections to have blood work done and our ultrasounds. I was last to have my ultrasound and at first the baby was sleeping – which scared me – I didn’t see it moving and my heart dropped. When I asked the tech if she could poke it with the wand thingie she just said that if I held my breath that she would wake up. Boy did she wake up…she started kicking and punching and moving her arms and twisting around. It was AMAZING! I managed not to cry but thinking about it again its hard not to cry in relief – my baby is perfectly fine! I’m gonna be a mommy! Oh – did I mention there is only one baby LOL – no multiples for me. (Pictures are posted on my facebook).

I have my next appointment on Monday, which will be more of a one-on-one appointment and my physical (which I really need – my last paps was back in 2005 if I’m not mistaken). Until then I hope that my sickness will get less frequent and I can go through a day and not fear that I will not make it to the bathroom or that someone will hear me puking in the bathroom at work. Will update next week – I wonder what size my baby will be then???

No comments:

Post a Comment