Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who I want to be…

I’ve been thinking A LOT about who I am and who I WANT to be. I don’t consider myself a bad person by any means and I don’t think I am a horrible mom, wife, or friend but there is definitely room for improvement. At times I am selfish, bitter, hateful, and inconsiderate and at those times I hate who I am. I don’t want to be that kind of person.

I want to be a mother that my kids will be happy to have…

Patient
Kind
Fun
Honest
Loving
Responsible
Attentive
Easy going
Selfless

I feel like I fall short of these qualities at times – I get tired or stressed and I take it out on my kids. I want my kids to respect me, listen to me, come to me when there is a problem but how do I promote this if I lose my temper or don’t have the time to spend with them? I want to raise my kids to be well rounded, respectable adults. I want them to be kind and accepting of others but I have to change myself to model how they are to grow up. I have to watch my temper, I have to watch my words, I have to watch my actions otherwise it does not matter what I preach because they will follow in my footsteps.

I want to be a wife that my husband can be proud of…

Respectful
Trustworthy
Outgoing
Pleasant
Passionate
Sexy

I don’t want to be the nagging wife that my husband will never want to be around. I don’t want to be hateful, I don’t want to be angry, I don’t want to bring him down…I want to be a woman he can’t wait to come home and see, that he will never get tired of, that he will never leave.

I want to be a person that anyone would be honored to call a friend…

Dependable
Caring
Interesting
Supportive
Accepting
Giving
Positive

I want to be a friend who one can confide anything to, who can be trusted, and who is there when I’m needed and even when I’m not. I want to be the kind of person who brings you soup when you are sick, who won’t think twice about helping out. I want to be the kind of person who is good at giving advice and lifting up your spirit when things are going wrong. I want to be the best I can possibly be...

Please help me become a better person. If I’m falling short, pick me back up and set me on the right path and call me out on it. Becoming the best person I can possibly be takes work and I’m going to give it all I have but sometimes I might not be strong enough to realize what I am doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment