Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reasons I love Mark Rich Sr.

I wrote this a while ago and it still holds true although I did have to make a few adjustments to keep it up to date…

When I first met Mark we were sitting at the same poker table playing poker and he scared the shit out of me…he had this "I'm going to kill you" look to him…and I was very hesitant when I won a hand and took his chips away from him. I never saw him smile or hardly ever laugh. He kept to himself at all times and played his hands to the best of his ability. Even though he has changed A LOT since that day some people may still look at him and get that same feeling…Well I'm here to say that the grizzly bear is really nothing more than a cute little teddy bear (unless you piss him off). This man has taught me so many things about life and even more about love than I can count. Here are just some of the reasons why I love Timothy Mark Rich Sr…

He cooks (usually when I cook I have to go out and buy fast food cause it don't turn out)

He cleans (Now with the baby my time has been wrapped around her, leaving not much time to get things done.)

He washes clothes AND folds them (Ok – so he USE TO wash and fold clothes, now he washes and leaves them on the couch for me to fold and put away, but at least he washes them)

He does what he is asked (If I ever have something to do and can’t get it done he always steps up to the plate – even if it is just bringing me a coke from the gas station)

He is warm (I am always cold…he is always warm…needless to say at night we both get nice and toasty – he just wraps his arms around me and I get to snuggle right in)

He loves to cuddle (What woman does not love to be held every once in a while? Sometimes I come home and all I want is to be held and Mark just opens his arms and pulls me in and does not complain one bit)

He is a great father (He lives for his son (and now daughter) – and whenever we do get the child he just lights up. Nobody is a perfect parent but he sure does try damn hard)

He is a GREAT kisser (OMG this man can kiss…hmmmmmmm)

He is a AMAZING lover (I didn't believe him when he jokingly said he wrote the Karma Sutra…OK I'm convinced now – he did…LOL)

He doesn't give up (Ok, truth be told…when I first really started talking to Mark I really wasn't all that interested – he was a lot older (still is) and I really didn't know how it would work out…but he never gave up and look where we are today!)

He is patient (I know that I can be difficult at times and I don't understand everything but Mark will slow it down and explain anything I need him to or he will just let me get my vent out then hold me close to him as I try to calm back down. He doesn't mind my quirky habits – he actually thinks it’s cute – he doesn't rush me when I'm getting ready too slowly, rather he will sit on the bed and watch me get ready)

He is kind (No matter how angry or upset I get he never says anything that will put me down – never does anything to make me feel any less of a person – even when he had every right to do so – I know I have made a mistake here and there especially with my little snooping habit but he doesn't get angry (which usually makes me feel worse about it) He doesn't fight back no matter how much I try to bait him and even if I happen to be wrong about something he will still say I am right)

He listens (This is different from doing what he is told to do LOL…I have a way of having to put my input into everything – sometimes he agrees, sometimes he doesn't, but he ALWAYS lets me say my peace (which most of the time I AM right))

He learns (I have my way of remembering things especially numbers – I think of some sort of math problem to come up with the answer – for example 0257 would be 0 plus 2 plus 5 equals 7 or backwards 7 minus 5 minus 2 equals 0…Mark knows I do this and he tries so hard to remember things and sometimes I catch that he is doing the same thing I do because that is how I told him I remembered it…or on lil Mark's birthday he turned 5 and Mark told his son that they were the same age cause if you took 4 plus 1 you get 5 – I was SO impressed that he came up with that – that is SO Tanya's way of thinking!!!)

He loves (I have no doubt in my mind that he loves me – sometimes when he looks at me I can see it in his eyes, feel it in his touch, hear it in his words…)

I think God every day for bringing this man into my life - I know I went through a lot to get to this point but Mark had quite a few more numbers to get through to get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment